The other side

I'm getting used to talking in English accent now, and not Scottish. Haha


I've only been here for 5 days and I should say it feels like a breath of fresh air. Actually, it's one of those typical places and neighborhood you would ever imagine, but actually living in one and knowing them is another feeling. Also getting to know people who lives in one of those nice villages with big big farms, just like in the movies. The weather has been nice too. It's the first day of summer here, officially. And there was not a single cloud today! Didn't help that our air-conditioning doesn't work. Roastedddddddd.

The landlady I'm living with, Lesley, is such a dear. Although it's only the 3rd day of work she's constantly asking if the place is ok, whether the travel was good etc. Yes, I'm not really working in the centre of Taunton now. Instead I was transferred to a place called Norton Fitzwarren. As they say, just at the outskirts of Taunton. I was lucky enough to know a kind colleague, Ellie that could give me a ride. A soft-spoken yet tough girl, she is. "I'm a farm girl and I ride my small car like a four-by-four~! :))" Hehe. (yes, she does)

Anyway, the first few days has been quite the same thing as my intern at the hospital last summer. I was telling myself how last summer is really helping me in this as I pick things up very quickly. But just at the dispensary. Once I meet a customer, I forget all the things I've learnt how to do in classes. I regret being a little bit unconfident when Lindsay, my tutor, suggested that I should handle a customer on my own. Wonder what she'll think of that, then, when I should've been excited to do it. What a waste of PP3, huh? Ironically, Lindsay studied in Glasgow!

I've met quite a lot of Malaysians during our Welcome Day on Monday. In fact there were five of us, out of 12. One of them is working in Taunton itself while the others are spread across West Somerset. Shanice, the one working in Taunton had the same idea of doing summer intern here: Weekend Vacay!! WOOHOOO! We quickly exchanged numbers and hope that work won't get us busy. Everyone keeps saying that 8 weeks will just fly by. Hmmm.

I'm only eating fish, vege and fruits now (plus the norm breakfast) since I have yet to venture around looking for a halal meat butcher. Hopefully there is cause I don't really know how to cook fish that well!! Plus I have to bring my own lunch, because there's literally nothing there. The store is right in the middle of the road with new housing areas at the opposite side and so far I didn't see any shops that I could go to to mingle about.

And it's the same as last summer during work as well, I sleep a lot earlier. It's only half 10 here but I'm already getting sleepy.

posted under |

0 paints:

Newer Post Older Post Home

It's My Blog!

My photo
If you bump into me, PLEASE SHOUT OUT MY NAME and WAVE LIKE YOU'RE CRAZY!

Recent Comments