Drained out Weekend


So I went to Nottingham Games this year for the second time ever since my first year. :) Glad to say we managed to get THREE buses from Glasgow! And I heard Edinburgh had one bus. Whooping four buses from Scotland.

Trip was nice. We left at 11pm Friday night after the fireworks display. OBVIOUSLY too early to leave as trip to Notts should only take us 6-ish hours. So yea, plus the rempit driving of the three buses, we managed to get our butts in front of the Sports Centre at 4.50am. YES! It was freakin' cold and we had no where to go.

We bumped into two of the committees and they said they could arrange the SC to open early at 5.30am. Our drivers are getting anxious as they wanted to leave and take a nap. How helpful! So we sorted out everyone's breakfasts and got out of the bus about 5.30am like promised, only to be told the SC could not be opened, and can only be done so at 7am. Bummer. What's worse was that all three buses left! Hmph.

So we were told by that committee person that we could walk to Portland Building for 20-ish minutes or wait till 7am for the SC to open. We decided to walk because I swear it was colder than Glasgow at that point! IT WASN'T EVEN 20 MINUTES! Over betul. It was less than 10 minutes.

We got to the PB with some persuading of the security and got all 140 people into the building to have our breakfasts. Only to be told off by another one of the committee member to leave the building. Reason was "It's the policy." When asked where we should go when nothing's opened, she said "You should wait in front of the SC supposedly." "Well it's not opened yet." "Yea, most of the committees are still asleep." Is that a legit reason? But anyway, we left and walked slowly back to SC just in time. Whilst enjoying the nice autumn scenery. Nasib baik kan? Haha. Enough with the rants.


Hugging Farah for some warmth!


Budget concentrate tengok jejaka2 main for finals.


After watching our netball team!

So the usual goes by like any other year. Pergi makan-makan, jalan-jalan, tengok a few games, meet up with Farah, and loads of juniors from KYS, gila berlambak rasa macam tua je. Come to think of it, should've asked around for people from Plymouth kut-kut la ada. Since kononnya I'm gonna work there next year after I graduate. Tapi owh well, dah over. Anyway, the weather was AWESOME! The sun was out, it was cool yet you could still feel the heat. Should've brought my sunnies, damn it. (They said it rained in Glasgow that day. Lebat! Nasib baik aku turun Notts!)

The night was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO cold! We watched our netball team doing their thang, and then watched finals for football while shivering our brains out. By half 7 at night we were in the bus, starting our journey back home to Glasgow. Slept through the trip back home much easier compared to the trip down to Notts. And we arrived at 2-ish in the morning? I think? Yea.

Hall was too full we literally sat on the floor, Msian style!


Cold is kickin' in!

It was a good trip, definitely. Tired out of my wits feel like all my limbs are gonna fall off due to the cold, but it could be worse right? I remember it was that cold even during the day the first time I went to Notts Games. Crazy. I had fun, met old friends and school mates, random people I haven't met for years, too. Tapi tak kenal orang-orang baru like last time. Dang. Most of them are younger than me, rasa tua. Hahahahaha.

I feel like sleeping and sleep and just sleep and continue sleeping because I'm still mentally and physically tired! :)


posted under |

0 paints:

Newer Post Older Post Home

It's My Blog!

My photo
If you bump into me, PLEASE SHOUT OUT MY NAME and WAVE LIKE YOU'RE CRAZY!

Recent Comments