Taunton, Somerset


I started to get worried when my friends told me they've got emails from Boots accepting/rejecting their offers for summer placements. I was SURE I checked my email just that morning. But then they reassured me saying that Boots usually send their emails by waves, from North to South UK. 

So a few days ago I checked my various emails (it's hard to have lots of email addresses!) and woop-de-doo-dahhh! I got the wonderful email! Apparently it's from the west region. Erkkk, I have to get used to another accent. It says that I've been accepted for summer placement at St James Medical Centre in Taunton, Somerset.

Where the heck is Taunton, I have no idea. Google it yourself to know. I can't deny that I didn't put that choice in (without knowing where it was in the first place!). But it's better than getting a place in some highland.

I told me Mummy and Daddy and they said the place seems fine, judging from the pictures in the net. 

I will be going to take a peek during Winter break maybe right after class finishes or maybe for new year. Who knows, a small town in a small cottage, new year can be warm and cozy with good company. Haiih jangan berangan! Nanti tak jadi!



This is Taunton Castle. No, I won't be staying there.



The town centre I suppose. It looks so old-fashioned! I love!
It also reminded me of my family getaway when I was younger in Frasers.


That's where St James is I suppose. It's near the cricket stadium, by the river.


It's also near Dorothy Perkins retail outlet!! OMG!

I hope breathing in fresh air (anywhere apart from Scotland) would be nice. After all, I've been here for 2 years now and will be almost 3 next summer, and I haven't been anywhere particularly nice in UK! Apart from Alton Tower and London and Edinburgh where anyone would've been there at least once in their life times!

InsyaAllah it'll turn out alright. And I might experience just a little bit of fasting month during work in SUMMER! 

posted under , |

2 paints:

njahmat said...

izati, congratulations! i haven't even finished my applications yet. adoi adoi. summer internships sangat merisaukan, kan?? ish ish. i hate this. and dahlah i'm going to be away masa my winter quarter, that's when they have recruitment and shit. anyways, i rinduuuu youuuu. youuu tak rinduuuu iiiii ke??? hahaha.

Izati said...

thank you dear!

memang merisaukan but alhamdulillah dapat jugak. hope everything goes well for you! tak dapat lah summer lama2 kat malaysia kalau begitu. but since raya would be earlier, post-raya would be longer! woop!

i miss youuuuuuuuuuuuu. bila nak dtg sini? kimbu's coming and will be such a nuisance! haha just kidding kimbu.

Newer Post Older Post Home

It's My Blog!

My photo
If you bump into me, PLEASE SHOUT OUT MY NAME and WAVE LIKE YOU'RE CRAZY!

Recent Comments